Nuffnang Ads

Friday, September 13, 2013

Hair journey Dec 2012 till date.

Have you ever wondered how this pin up girl can have nice short hair, and then long the next.
Wanting to keep your long hair yet wanting to snip it short?

Well.. This dilemma have been stuck with me for years and I finally pluck up the courage to snip off my long locks.

Last I checked. My hair was near my butt.. Or so I thought.



I dye my hair pretty often. Usually DIY. Cause i'm a sucker at playing with my own hair.
As most of my friends know, I pretty much change my hair colour like every 2-3months, sometimes even weeks or perhaps 1 month? They call me a chameleon. Nice name. Smiley


So previously I was doing a TVC for Lenovo (i'm acting as some random floor dancing girl in the club yo) and they say harujuku style, of course cool hair colours would be awesome. So I did my hair. DIY at home of course. Including self-bleaching.

Then it slowly fades away and my cool nickname was changed to 'Algae'. Smiley

Pretty much not anyone camwhores in this hair colour over a blue huge ass bolster. But well I did.
So after blue? Well since it was in the shade of algae, let's do emerald green over it.

With bangs. ROFL. Damn I look super outstanding with that hair colour. Keep getting stares while outside with my gfs. Or whatever. And apparently after I started doing my blue hair etc (full head).. The trend during that period was ombre. I kinda started the trend to go full head cool colour hairdye. Tell me how awesome am I to start a trend! HAHA.. So slowly friends started coming to me to help dye their heads (i mean hair) too.

So during February, I got my hair to purple, just before CNY started, touched up before prom and I rocked my hair pretty much. 





I'm like the envy on Facebook with my hair colour changing constantly (cause I can till..)
I have to rid my purple hair for work.

 I know, i'm a gangster. I made my hair ash brown during work then went ASH
                     

Which was cool. Cause I was doing receptionist back then temporary. So the bosses didn't mind the cool colours. But I had my hair back to a blue black hair colour after So from black it slowly faded to blue then green.




In which I got rid of the green after and made it into highlights over my new found love, black hair.




Went to Australia after ( was forced to go black by my bf cause he didn't want to attract too much attention during the trip)

By then. I pretty much damaged my hair? HAHA..



As days goes by, my hair gets longer and well heavier. Migraine even started to kick in on a daily basis, that was when I officially decided to snip my hair off. Real short.

Headed over to Vetica Saloon to get my hair SNIPPED!
I placed my hair into Libby's hair. 

The only happy person to see my hair fall. My sister:








So here I am, still learning how to embrace this short hair.
Till it grows longer again I guess?

Anyway if you want to get your hair cut, you can head over to Vetica Saloon too.
They are really good. But appointments have to be made in advance thou.
They are usually packed.



  • 150 Orchard Road Orchard Plaza #03-71
  • Singapore, Singapore 238841

2 comments:

Jessica_Lou said...

Hello!!
How did you achieve the ash colour hair? It's lovely!
Jess xox

Denise Neo said...

Hi,
So sorry that I just saw your comment! Thanks for the compliment.

I bleached my hair twice and just slap on ash brown hair dye over it.
You can give it a try. But I do put hair conditioner into my hair bleach to reduce the hair damage.

Hope this helps!

xoxo.
Denise